Monthly Archives: February 2015
To achieve radiant, glowing, healthy skin all winter long, here are some tips from the professional estheticians at Salon by Debbie Spa:
- Eat a rainbow of foods, especially fruits, vegetables, nuts and fish. These are loaded with anti-oxidants and Omega 3 fats help skin stay nourished.
- Re-examine your cleanser, it may be too harsh. Skin should feel soft after washing. Creamy cleansers don’t strip skin of their natural oils and are a great choice for winter.
- Turn down the water temperature. Hot water can strip skin of essential skin oils.
- Moisturize right after the shower.
- Protect skin: use gloves, face coverage, hats and scarves!
- Lip protection is just as important in winter as summer.
- Wear sun protection including a high SPF year-round to protect skin and prevent aging effects.
- Consider a humidifier. A cool mist humidifier helps add moisture to heated rooms that are often moisture depleted.
This month we are offering a FREE haircut with the purchase of any Full Highlight Service (up to $61 value). Sale price valid on services received through February 28, 2015. One use per client. Available with select stylists only. Not valid with any other offer and cannot be used in conjunction with any Spa Finder, Spa Wish, Spa Week or AVEDA certificates. No cash value.